Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It was a good day

I had a great Saints Valentine, Cyril and Methodius Day!

Of course, the day began with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass where we called to mind the Holy Apostles to the Slavs. There was a good number of people at this morning's sacred synaxis.

I went to my office to find various holiday goodies piled on my desk. Sugarless Peppermint Patties are actually quite tasty.

My weekly study group met for an hour. This week's topic was "Fasting and Abstinence: History and Development." We digressed, sort of, sharing ethnic Lenten dishes.

My afternoon was occupied with Altar Server scheduling and training.

I returned to my office early evening to celebrate the Sacrament of Matrimony with a small, private ceremony for a lovely older couple.

Later, I joined the Spanish-language religious ed classes to give a brief talk on Pope Benedict's encyclical, Deus Caritas Est. Then, off to the Parish Hall for a Valentine potluck dinner of tamales, enchiladas, salads, and cakes.

I arrived home in time to place a call to Mom and Dad with Valentine greetings. They were treated earlier in the day to a free buffet which is offered for senior couples with decades of marriage behind them.

Lastly, Oreo and I took a little stroll around the neighborhood. The pooch got a little Valentine treat at the close of the day.

Life is good!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely --abeit busy -- day.

I stick those sugarfree Peppermint Patties in the freezer. That way, the tiny treats last longer, making me think (kind of)that I'm getting a much larger treat.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, a priest who's church celebrates marriage. What a nice notion. At my parish, you're married, so what. .... The Valentine's dinner and dance, though well-attended, was stopped a few years ago. The reason given was that it didn't make enough money. Nice.

I've tried those candies frozen. Awesome.

Nice that your parents were treated to a complimentary meal.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be a tamale theme that runs throughout your blog.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home