Saturday, November 25, 2006

Prayer of Surrender

Found at Adoro te Devote blog.

Lord Jesus Christ, I ask the grace to accept the sadness in my heart, as your will for me, in this moment. I offer it up, in union with your sufferings, for those who are in deepest need of your redeeming grace. I surrender myself to your Father's will and I ask you to help me to move on to the next task that you have set for me.

Spirit of Christ, help me to enter into a deeper union with you. Lead me away from dwelling on the hurt I feel:

to thoughts of charity for those who need my love
to thoughts of compassion for those who need my care, and to thoughts of giving to those who need my help.

As I give myself to you, help me to provide for the salvation of those who come to me in need.
May I find my healing in this giving.
May I always accept God's will.
May I find my true self by living for others in a spirit of sacrifice and suffering.
May I die more fully to myself, and live more fully in you.

As I seek to surrender to the Father's will, may I come to trust that he will do everything for me.

With Ecclesiastical Approval. Aadapted from the spiritual teachings of Rev. Walter J. Ciszek, SJ.
The Father Walter Cizek Prayer League, Inc.,
Official Organization for the Promotion of the Cause of Canonization
231 North Jardin Street
Shenandoah, PA 17976
(570) 462-2270

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really is a lovely prayer. I will pray it. although I usually pray what is in my heart, sometimes the well is dry and I can think of nothing. This says it all. Kind thanks.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home