Sunday, May 13, 2007

MOM

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me but I think she enjoyed it. - Mark Twain (and Fr LWG!)

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. - Abraham Lincoln

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. - Chinese Proverb

Every man for the sake of the great blessed Mother in Heaven, and for the love of his own little mother on earth, should handle all womankind gently, and hold them in all Honor. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. - Jewish Proverb

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. - Washington Irving

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw... All I am I owe to my mother... I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. - George Washington

My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's grief and everybody's joy found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation. - Mark Twain

[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. - Emily Dickinson

She had listened to nothing, but mothers hear certain things without listening. - Victor Hugo

No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones. - Harry Truman

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love Mark Twain -- and all those whom he inspires!

I have no doubt that your mother smiles whenever she thinks of you!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You picked good quotes!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the artist of this illustration? One of my favorite artists of mother-related art is Edna Hibel.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This illustration is lovely.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home