Thursday, March 08, 2007

Brush the dust off that missal!

I found out last week that a parish in this diocese began singing the Kyrie in Greek, as well as the Sanctus, Agnus Dei and Pater Noster in Latin at all Sunday Masses. Just yesterday I heard that another pastor has begun celebrating the Novus Ordo ad orientem at weekday Masses. An associate pastor elsewhere also celebrates a Sunday liturgy ad orientem. The Traditional Latin Mass is now celebrated at three parishes regularly. The Novus Ordo has been celebrated ad orientem at a monastery chapel for a while. Hmmm.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Fr LWG said...

The TLM is by indult. We are served by the FSSP as well as diocesan. "The times they are a'changing."

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that Tridentine Parish looking better and better for you? I feel the Spirit calling you there, don't fight it. There are too few priests like you, your passion is better served there.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Wonderful. Too bad that is not my diocese :(

On a brighter note, I finally purchased a 1962 Missal. But there are not TLM in my diocese, and I don't think any Novus Ordo Masses are celebrated ad orientem.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CAN"T YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE DDOING!

Next you'll be giving the Female Servers the boot! YOu just can't let the Spirit of Vatican II do it's work!

With all this obstructionism, sooner or later the Boss will get annoyed, and then it's back to the pits and forks for me!

Anonymous Smoke-of-Satan Demon, AmChurch, LLC

4:48 PM  
Blogger paramedicgirl said...

There's hope!!! I wish it was my parish, though.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Father,
What are the Novus Ordo parishes that you reference here? I would love support these initiatives by attending Mass there. My parish is making some progress as well, which is encouraging, but what you've described excites me tremendously!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is FSSP?

5:37 PM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

FSSP - The Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home