Saturday, December 02, 2006

I feel good!

I bet you thought you were on James Brown's blog.

Anyway ... I do feel good.

I had the opportunity this afternoon to do a thoughtful Examination of Conscience and begin Advent with the Sacrament of Confession. I got rid of a lot of rubbish that had accumulated which left unresolved would have begun endangering my spiritual self.

First Thessalonians tells us today, "strengthen your hearts, to be blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord with all his holy ones. --1 Thessalonians 3:12.

Today's Collect gathers us into the Sacred Mystery of the Season:

Da, quaesumus, omnipotens Deus,
hanc tuis fidelibus voluntatem,
ut, Christo tuo venienti iustis operibus occurrentes,
eius dextrae sociati, regnum mereantur possidere caeleste.

Almighty God, we beseech You,
grant to Your faithful this disposition of will,
that those rushing with just works to meet Your Christ,
now coming,
united at His right hand may merit to possess the heavenly kingdom.

A Blessed and Holy Advent to all!

(BTW -- The picture is of the confessional of the Order of Friars Servants of Mary in Saint Peter's Basilica.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Amen Father!
I feel good, Like I knew that I would!

Confession has changed my life since returning to the faith of my childhood!
God has given me much victory of sin as well as an awareness of sin that I never had as an evangelical.
Thank God for his sacraments and priests like you who bring them to us.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home