Domine non sum dignus
* Emphasizes the uniqueness of Holy Food as compared to ordinary food.
* Emphasizes the uniqueness of the ordained priest touching the Sacred Species.
* Emphasizes the presence of Christ feeding His flock, and fosters humility.
* Gives a strong sense of identification with the past Catholics and Saints on the tongue from time immemorial.
* Minimizes the danger of the Sacred Host being dropped or ignored.
* Fosters a sense of unity in the Liturgy.
* Reaffirms the facts that Holy Orders is a Sacrament that ordains a man to the priesthood.
* Expresses complete obedience to the Church.
-- From acatholiclife.blogspot.com post this summer by Moneybags.