Saturday, December 09, 2006

Anticipation

Seven years ago next week I rescued this funny looking little animal from certain execution. It was the best $100 I've ever spent. He has brought me countless hours of amusement, and dozens of "Oreo stories." For example:

Last winter I was given a half-dozen tamales which I placed in my messenger bag. When I arrived home I put my bag on the dining room table and went about my business. Later, I made a quick trip to the supermarket. Upon my return, guess who had a big smile on his face? Yep! The floor was strewn with bits of aluminum foil and tamale wrappers licked clean! I noticed that his water bowl was completely empty. All I could do was laugh and bemoan the loss of six very tasty (I assume) tamales.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...reminds me of how much I miss tamales. In Canada they are hard to find.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to get those Christmas card photos taken in plenty of time!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

What a beautiful dog! It's great to be able to save the animals from execution shelters.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

From the picture he looks like a greyhound? I have a greyhound and a German Shepherd...both are awesome breeds. Both of mine are rescues (I abhor breeders, most of them..).

Greys are awesome dogs, sweet natured, expressive, clownish.

If I'm right and yours is, in fact, a grey as he appears to be, you've just become one of my favorite priests! (The priests in my parish are awesome, but they are not dog lovers)
:-)

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home