Sunday, October 15, 2006

By the message of an angel

I received a message from the Lord today through the kindness of a parishioner. A notecard with the image to the left contained the following:

"Father,
Thank you for all that you do for the parish, your hard work has taken on a life of its own. I appreciate your "tell it like it is" homilies that remind us to do what's right by God and not to be concerned with what's expected by man. Please stay strong in His Name and know that your flock supports you."

All throughout Sacred Writ we find that it is by angels such as these that the Lord speaks to His servants. These messages of support affirm, confirm, and reaffirm my vocation to God's Sacred Ministry. With love like this I will not flee for fear of the wolves.

Deo Gratias.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only know you from your blog and I like you!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would imagine that you would get a lot of letters like this.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Fr LWG said...

You are too kind!
Blessings to all.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Well Fr. I have to say that your parishoners are very fortunate to have you. You make it easy for people to support and encourage you. I have known you only through your blog and I can feel your kindness and charity. God Bless You and I feel blessed as well and to meet you through the internet, and isn't it funny how The Holy Ghost works! Go figure!! Modern Technology!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

That's so nice. I need to do something similar for my pastor.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home